Friday, July 18, 2008

Make Up Post

I haven't posted in a while, but I'll try to catch up now.

In May, I made this cake for my oldest daughter's birthday. Vegan chocolate with a peanut butter buttercream. My daughter loved it!
The cake and the frosting were so good, I made this flavor combo into cupcake for a friend's bridal shower.
Here's a Plum-Strawberry Crisp I made for a dinner party. The recipe's from Veganomicon. I sub'ed the sugar with maple sugar and baked in the individual cups to make it more special. The anise seeds in the crumble are genius and delicious.
Lately I haven't been baking as much. I've been really concentrating on preparing more raw recipes. Here are my early exeriments.

This is an Almond-Coconut-Date Shake made with the milk and meat of a young coconut, dates and raw almond butter. On the top is a mix I bought premade over at Juliano's. It's made with dried goji berries, raw cacoa nibs, coconut shavings and raw nuts. Fantastic!This is a Raw Thai Coconut Soup. I serve it slightly warmed and it is delicious!

5 comments:

Melisser said...

Beautiful work, as usual! I'd wondered what you had been up to.

What's Mina Wearing Today said...

Thanks Melisser. Yea, doing way more raw now. Baking is so prettier, but my stomach was starting to hurt all the time. HA. Hope you're well.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work as usual - so glad to see your recent post, it's always inspirational!! :)

Vegan_Noodle said...

Glad to see what you've been up to!! The cake looks absolutely beautiful!

tofufreak said...

these cakes are so beautiful!