Saturday, February 23, 2008

This Week's Baking

I baked for a women's group this weekend. They gave me creative license, and I wanted to give them something decadent and sophisticated. These have a chocolate cake with an espresso ganache and a touch of amaretto. I topped with a royal icing and a fondant flower.


These I baked for the family. Monogram cupcakes! Rich chocolate cake with a simple vanilla frosting, lettered in dark chocolate. Yum.


And these I baked for the office. I attended a week-long vegan baking intensive this past week at the Natural Gourmet Institute in Manhattan, and I promised the office something immediately when I returned. These are Coffee Cake Muffins inspired by a cake recipe by Fran Costigan.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Heck Yes!! This is so great! I love this new baking blog! My only sadness is that I Live in IL and not close enough to enjoy your amazing treats. One can only dream...

Vegan_Noodle said...

Wow, those cupcakes looks beautiful!! Do you have a good royal icing recipe that you would share? So much funner when you can be creative with your baking!